Part-Time Resume Writer Position (Remote)
Let’s Eat, Grandma (LEG) is seeking experienced and detail-oriented candidates for part-time resume writer positions to join our talented and rapidly growing writing team! Resume writers are the lifeblood of our company; they work closely with our clients to help them land meaningful work through technical writing.
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to self-manage multiple projects simultaneously while still upholding LEG’s commitment to exceptional customer service and top-tier quality. This part-time writer position will largely be conducted remotely and will report to one of LEG’s proofreaders.
• Commit to 16 packages per month (20 -25 hours per week), which involves writing resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn profiles, and other supporting application documents for clients after holding a consultation with them
• Communicate package updates to clients regularly and in a timely manner through LEG’s CMS
• Maintain package status log to provide updates on product delivery and ensure timely completion of resume packages
Qualifications & General Skills
• Relevant Experience: 1-2 years, preferably in resume editing or another writing-based position
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) or Equivalent Experience
• Working knowledge of and/or familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) preferred
• Working knowledge of G Suite (Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Calendar, etc.) preferred
• Distinct and strong passion for writing (given this will be the majority of your work week)
• Comfortable working remotely while independently managing schedule and time commitments
• Strong communication skills, being able to collaborate internally with writing team and externally with clients
• Ability and confidence to interact independently with clients under minimal supervision
• Detail-oriented, well-organized, and focused on delivering high-quality products with minimal errors
Why Work for Let’s Eat, Grandma?
• Strong Culture: We are a personable, easy-going, and ambitious team of individuals who are truly committed to helping others achieve their career goals. We enjoy going above and beyond for our clients and making sure they leave our service feeling confident and optimistic about their futures.
• Schedule Flexibility: You will have the flexibility to create your own schedule, on your own terms. Being that this position will be remote, you can manage your workload during which times work best for you (weekends optional)
• Office space is available if you live in Austin (yes, this includes snacks, coffee, and all those other startup goodies!)
• Frequent Incentives: Bonuses are regularly rewarded for receiving stellar client reviews!
• Ample Career Growth Opportunities: It is an exciting time to be joining Let’s Eat, Grandma, and there are a significant amount of opportunities for quick upward and lateral job mobility. We’re growing rapidly and are always looking for people to speak up when they would like to get more involved.
The position is fully remote. Commitments start at 20 hours per week. The pay is project-based, with capabilities of taking on $400 and $550 per week depending on your level of commitment and experience. On average, the pay equates roughly to $18.50/hour.
How to Apply
If interested, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
• Your resume
• A cover letter for the position
• Two samples of writing work
Our goal at Let’s Eat, Grandma is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters
mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. Let’s Eat, Grandma is an equal opportunity
employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color,
religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex,
gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its
sole discretion without notice.