We all know the drill: when it’s time for job hunting, we head over to LinkedIn to start applying and connecting with recruiters and employers. That’s natural – given that 87% of recruiters say that LinkedIn is the most effective method for vetting job candidates. That’s also why, every second, 77 job applications are submitted and six people are hired using the platform.
These numbers carry one important message: there’s stiff competition for any given job. As a result, you need to find a way to make yourself stand out from the crowd. Usually, that “way” is your LinkedIn profile, and that’s where a LinkedIn profile writing service comes in.
As the name implies, a LinkedIn profile writing service is one that provides you with professional help in optimizing your LinkedIn profile. That means making sure that the text on your profile is written the right way and accurately represents all of your skills, achievements, and experiences. Let’s go deeper, shall we?
What is a LinkedIn profile writing service?
A LinkedIn profile writing service sets up your LinkedIn profile for success by showcasing your skills, accomplishments, and experience in the most effective way possible. The goal is to ensure that a hiring manager or recruiter accurately understands who you are and what you can do.
The services offered by a LinkedIn profile writing service usually include:
- Profile optimization – This involves restructuring your profile page to optimize it for search engine optimization (SEO) by inserting relevant keywords and phrases, as well as ensuring that all of your profile sections are up to date.
- Content creation – This involves writing content to strengthen your profile, transforming it into an “achievement-focused story” that showcases both your professional and personal qualities. Most of the work here involves your “About” and “Experience” sections.
- Customization – This could include anything from coming up with creative ideas to make your profile stand out, selecting visuals or graphics to accompany your profile content, or creating a specific tone of voice that is uniquely yours. It could also entail customizing your profile for a particular industry or job application.
What are the benefits of a LinkedIn profile writing service?
There are many advantages to using a LinkedIn profile writing service. Below are some of the most important:
The more visible you are on LinkedIn, the more people will learn about you and your professional achievements. Having a professionally written profile ensures that it’s seen by more recruiters and employers who might be interested in hiring someone with your qualifications.
That’s especially if it’s optimized using keywords, skills, and phrases that are highly relevant to your target job or industry.
Increased networking opportunities
A professional profile gives you a platform to interact with potential employers, recruiters, and peers in your chosen field. That’s by virtue of the improved visibility we just mentioned. Plus, when your profile “looks” better, more people will likely be drawn to it and start engaging with you.
Better job prospects
The ultimate goal of using a LinkedIn profile writing service is to get hired for the job you want. A well-crafted profile that presents you in the best light will give you more chances of landing jobs that match your experience and qualifications.
How does a LinkedIn profile writing service work?
Great, so how does this whole thing work?
In most cases, the professional LinkedIn profile writer will audit your profile to identify gaps in the content and any areas that need improvement. You’ll then receive a review of the existing elements of your profile, highlighting all the planned content additions, changes, and deletions. Once you approve the plan, your writer customizes your profile.
Here’s how the Let’s Eat, Grandma LinkedIn profile writing process works:
- When you book a consultation, you fill out a questionnaire. This questionnaire will help your writer begin to strategize and prepare for the consultation
- After that, you’ll attend a virtual one-on-one consultation with the writer assigned to your project. During this meeting, your writer will learn more about your background and goals so they can develop the best strategy for optimizing your profile.
- Your writer will then craft a new profile that highlights your skills, accomplishments, and experience in the most effective way possible. You’ll receive the first draft of the LinkedIn worksheet within seven business days of the consultation.
- If you’re not fully satisfied with this draft, you can make up to two rounds of revision requests within seven days.
- Once everything looks perfect, you’ll have one of two options:
- You can have the writer update your profile on your behalf, or
- You can choose to make the changes yourself, based on the final draft of the worksheet your writer has created for you. Either way, you’ll have a profile that impresses and stands out from the competition!
At Let’s Eat, Grandma, LinkedIn Profile rewrites are included within the Premium Package and Executive Concierge Service. They’re also available as an add-on to our Starter package, so you can get the most out of your professional social media presence!
What are the signs you need a LinkedIn profile writing service?
The next question that often comes up is who should use this service. The answer is simple. Professionals from all industries and backgrounds can benefit from having a professionally written profile: job seekers, entrepreneurs, executives, freelancers, and everyone in between.
Let’s discuss the specific scenarios in which a LinkedIn profile writing service may be particularly useful:
1. You aren’t updated with the latest best practices
Let’s face it – social media algorithms and trends change constantly. It may be hard to keep up with the changes and know what works best for optimizing profiles on platforms like LinkedIn. A professional writer will understand the platform’s nuances and what it takes to create an engaging profile that stands out. After all, it’s what they do for a living!
2. You struggle with writing
Writing isn’t everyone’s forte – and that’s ok. You don’t have to be the best writer in the world to have an impactful professional profile. A LinkedIn profile writing service will take care of the copywriting part for you, so you can rest assured knowing your profile is in safe hands.
3. You don’t know how to brag
You may be doing all the right things and have a lot to be proud of, but sometimes it’s hard to brag about yourself. A professional writer can come up with the perfect words to provide a clear yet impactful representation of who you are and what you bring to the table. All you need to do is share the facts!
4. You lack the time
Between work and personal life, you may not have enough time to dedicate to crafting a compelling profile. That’s especially if you’re busy with a full-time job or running your own business. A LinkedIn profile writing service can save you time, energy, and the headache of updating your profile yourself.
5. It’s been a while since you last updated your profile
We all know the importance of an up-to-date LinkedIn profile. If it’s been a while since you last updated yours, chances are, your professional image may need some polishing. A writer can help you refresh your profile so that you don’t have to worry about spending hours updating it yourself.
How to choose the right LinkedIn profile writing service
You’ve made the decision to hire a professional writer – now what? How do you choose the right service for you? Here are some tips to help guide your decision:
1. Assess your needs
What exactly do you need from a LinkedIn profile writing service? Do you want someone to completely rewrite your profile or just make tweaks and edits here and there? Knowing your specific needs will help narrow down the options and make it easier to find a service that meets them.
2. Check credentials and experience
Make sure you check the credentials, experience, and qualifications of any potential writers you may want to hire; this is especially important if you’re looking for someone to completely rewrite your profile. You want to make sure they have the necessary skills and expertise to do the job correctly.
3. Read customer reviews
One of the best ways to find out if someone’s any good at what they do is by reading reviews from other customers. Look for customer feedback on their website or online, as this can provide you with an insight into their work and whether or not they can deliver on their promises.
4. Look for customization
A LinkedIn profile writing service should provide customized and personalized services tailored to your needs. This means the best ones will offer a consultation call to get to know you better and craft a profile that accurately portrays who you are and what value you bring to the table.
5. Compare prices
When considering a LinkedIn profile writing service, make sure you compare the prices of different services to ensure you’re getting the best deal for your money. Look out for hidden fees or costs and ensure that what you’re paying for is aligned with the quality of work you expect in return.
Your LinkedIn profile is an essential part of your professional image. With most recruiters relying on the platform to find and vet potential candidates, making sure that yours is up to scratch is essential.
A LinkedIn profile writing service can help you create an impactful representation of your professional self that will make you shine online. It can also save you time and energy if you’re too busy to update your profile yourself.
If you’re ready to take your LinkedIn profile to the next level and make the most of the professional opportunities out there, invest in a writing service. Trust us – you won’t be disappointed!
Ready for more job search help?
Sign up for a free Senior Writer Resume Critique to see what’s holding you back from landing interviews. One of our top professional resume writers will give you personalized feedback on the top 3 items you can improve based on our expert practices!